Ed Planning & Transfer/Career
Athletic Counseling Schedule: FALL 2023
Continuing and second year student-athletes can skip ahead to the Transfer / Career Page for information about colleges and transfer.
Creating Your Class Schedule
New Student-Athlete Checklist
The steps below should be completed by the end of June during the summer before your first Fall semester at City.
☑︎Complete the Online Orientation
☑︎Complete the Education Planning Workshop online
☑︎Register for summer practice (EXCS 136 Sports Conditioning)
☑︎Register for your Fall classes and cross country practice
☑︎*Sign your contract and attend a Promise Program orientation
*If you are in the program
Tips & Tools
Your education plan is your road map for academic success. There are several tools below you need in order to create your "Ed Plan". Key terms are explained below for help. Always consult with our counselor to confirm your plan.
- Education Plan (Ed Plan) - This is a semester-by-semester class planner that you fill out with the help of a counselor. When it is completed it will show you what courses you need to take and in what order to complete your academic goal.
- Milestones - These terms refer to the assessment you take to help you determine what type of math or English course to start with (click for Milestone help website). Scroll down for the Milestone page.
- General Education (GE) Courses - There are several pathways you can follow to complete your transfer course requirements. The most popular ones we use are for Cal State schools (CSU) and for UC schools.
Blank Ed Plan
General Education Worksheet
- Math/English Milestone reference sheets (see below). For help with what Milestones are used for click here.
- All Associate Degrees offered at City College - click here.
- Alternate General Education Worksheet for California State University transfer - click here.
- City College 2-year Associate Degree worksheet - click here.
- Check course pre-requisites and co-requisites for your classes - click here.
- An example Freshman student-athlete Fall semester of classes - click here.